Sunday, January 13, 2008

Wild Weekend

My wild weekend is coming to a close. Friday was a serious "me" day. I was totally feeling guilty about it...especially the part about dumping my four year old off at a friends house even though she had great big alligator tears in her eyes and was crying "Mommy don't leave me!"... But Mama really, really needed a break. So selfishly I went with Virginia & D'Uan to pick up Donna Downey from the airport and do a little shopping at Sam Moon. What a blast we had at the "wall of hair". Emily met us there and all but D'Uan left Sam Moon's sporting about 2 pounds of extra hair and a scarf. I actually love my extra hair! It came in super duper handy this morning when I was running way late to church. I threw that sucker on and Ella couldn't have complimented me enough on the way to church. "Mama, I love your hair. Mama, you look so pretty today. Mama, you look just gorgeous." and my very favorite... "Mama, you are all pretty" Ella is very vocal about whether or not she approves of my clothes or hair. And more often than not, I hear "Mama, that doesn't look good on you." It all makes me laugh. She's the fashion police. I think I got about 10 compliments and church and totally wow'd the Jr. High kids with my secret hair.

Here's a video I snagged from Donna's blog so you can see all of us buying hair.



So my plan on Friday was to pick up the girls and head home for a break before I took Donna's Blue/Black Damask class. However, due to some class kit confusion, Virginia and I ended up back in the car racing around town to pick up some necessities to get the store through their weekend with Donna. I was actually so glad because I felt purposeful and no longer guilty for my "me" day. The class was great and I can't wait to finish the entire album.

Saturday was all a blur. Exhausted was an understatement to how I was feeling. You know that deep down tired...emotionally exhausted, physically exhausted, and any other kind of exhausted you could be... that was me. I thought I might shutdown any given second. Ben was gone for the day doing Group Dynamics with the other Jr. High leaders and I was taking care of 7 kids, ages 7 mos to 13. Ben thought he was going to be gone from 1 to 5 but it turned into noon to 8. When he hit the door with pizza, I stuffed 4 pieces down my mouth and went straight to bed. Ahhhhh, glorious sleep! I'm feeling great today.

Gracie must be growing something serious. She went to bed at 6pm yesterday and didn't get up until 9am this morning. And she's taking another nap right now!

Today is Ben's birthday! He doesn't know it, but he's getting a party at the skate rink in just a few hours. Of course, I'm not his favorite person right now. A friend asked if he could mountain bike today and he said yes. And when he told me his plan, I told him I didn't want him to go b/c I was afraid that would mean he wouldn't want to take me skating. "It's all about you, isn't it...even on my birthday". And then he went on to mention how he gets jipped every year for his birthday, blah, blah, blah. And I had to tell him how sorry I was for being so selfish, blah, blah, blah. He's riding after all, even though I've "ruined" it for him :) I did chat with the friend and he'll be sure to get Ben back in time for his surprise party. Now, off to Target to get 36 candles, the one thing I totally forgot. Here's a 36" banner (for his 36th birthday) I made yesterday to hang at the party.

1 comment:

AmandaGale said...

Sounds like a fun day on Friday! Happy Birthday Ben!!! :)