Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday FUN!

It's 1 am and I'm scheduled to get up at 6. But with one too many cups of late night coffee and a really exciting day tomorrow, I just can't sleep!

I've had the most amazing realizations over the last week or so...things that I've known in the back of my head but are now increasingly obvious...and things so important that I can't forget them. Last week, Ben and I started giving our "life stories" to our church community group. Ben and I come from opposite upbringings, both which would give us the right to pull the crazy card... but somehow God protected us. Looking back, I see just how fragile we were. And watching the struggles of friends makes me so much more appreciative of the type of struggles Ben and I have. We generally don't have problems with lack of communication. If anything, we over-communicate. Nothing makes me madder than when we get snippy with each other, and I hang up on him, (yes, I'm 5 years old) and then I'm dying to tell him something but can't call because I can't remember why I hung up on him just 5 minutes before.

Speaking of Ben, Sunday is his 36th birthday and I've ordered him the most fabulous balloon bouquet on the face of the earth to be delivered to work tomorrow. Which is another reason I can't sleep. The picture hardly does it justice. We used to be in the "balloon business" so one thing I know how to do is order balloons. And for you DFW people, Balloons Everyday is the only place to go. They do the best job in town.

The final reason I'm super excited about Friday is because I get to hang with the delightful Donna Downey in the morning! Not because she requested my presence or because we're great buds...only because I bogarted my way into Virginia's van to pick her from the airport. I'm not a scrapstalker or anything, but this girl is a hoot. I'm looking forward to the entertainment!

Tomorrow night, I'm going to take Donna's brand new class, Blue/Black Damask album. I can hardly wait! The class goes until 11pm and I have no idea how I'm going to stay up that late. A triple shot something or other from Starbucks will definitely be in order!

I've still got some work to do tonight. It's a Discovery Day at PDP, which means you get to "discover" a new designer! It's Rikki's turn in the spotlight! I really love these promotions. Not only do our customers get to know our designers better, I have a ton of fun putting the whole thing together and learning more about them myself. Be sure to take advantage of the 25% discount. Rikki is very talented and her papers are some of my favorites! You can read all about her here and pick up a freebie while you're at it!

'night!

1 comment:

Curdie said...

A blog post at 1 am and still more work to do...let's hope you can last all day on caffeine and adrenaline. :)